Friday, November 27, 2009

I Want Your Ugly

Money, Fame, Celebrities.  In the past decade these three entities have fascinated our generation culminating in the popular sites of PerezHilton.com and TMZ.com.  It seems that everybody is primarily concerned with money and the superficial aspects of social interaction.  The 2000s certainly exploited the many facets of stardom among celebrities in the explosion of reality shows and thereby the creation of the "reality star."  Instead of free-thinking individuals, America is rampant with hoards of hollow frames posing in the VIP section of clubs.  I don't care if your shirt cost $100 and I don't care if you drive a BMW.  But I do care that you're a pretentious, shallow human being.  A side product of this money-lust and greed (besides an economic collapse) is the absence of fun.  Nobody is truly having fun when everybody is so concerned about how people perceive them.  I care very much how I portray myself; what I don't care about is how people perceive me.  I thought high school was supposed to be only four years of a person's life.  Unfortunately it's seeping throughout all social ages and locations.  I'm ready for being poor to be cool again.  For the brilliant thrift shopping to become fashionable.  I like the crazy, the freaks, the ugly, the fat, the bold, the beautiful, the uber-cool, the nerds, the geeks, the jocks, and the goths.  Not the photoshop or the producers in the background, or the scripts. I like it as long as it's real, as long as it's raw, as long as it's passionate.  Because that's what makes it beautiful.  So, take it away Marilyn..
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." 

Cheers to cheap drinks, Hawkeye wins, and blue tongues.

No comments:

Post a Comment